Thursday, September 6, 2012

Blog 2: Topic Choice

a. For my Senior project I will be competing in the Solar Cup which is basically a series of races for solar powered canoes that each team builds themselves. It's a huge 3-day event that is extremely competitive and overall just challenging. I've actually wanted to do it since freshman year when i saw the other seniors working on it because I've always loved the idea renewable energies and making it into something competitive seemed too perfect for me.

b.
  • Effective I-Poly Citizen: Throughout my project I plan to demonstrate being an I-poly citizen by showing up on time consistently and finishing all my service learning hours as required. I also plan to show respect to others by treating everyone equally and helping any of my peers when I can. I also plan to remain involved with all school activities, and if I can I would like to win some kind of award in the solar cup to represent all the great things we do at I-Poly.
  • Effective Learner: In my project I will also exhibit my own personal creativity while still being relevant to my topic. I will also do my best to remain a proficient student and turn in all my assignments consistently and on time. In addition, I would like to apply all the things we learn in class and in my mentorship to the real world.
  • Effective Communicator: To be an effective communicator I think it is always important to listen to any ideas that my peers have to offer. This way I can accomplish things in better ways than I might have done by myself. Plus, whenever people get to voice their opinions they seem to get along more and it results in less problems for the group.
  • Effective User of Technology: As an effective user of technology I plan to use all of my available resources from both I-Poly and Cal poly to further my research. If I need to I will ask my teachers for accessing any resources they might have that can help me; especially considering my topic. In addition, I plan on making sure that I check the blog and my email constantly so that I don't miss any assignments either. Not to mention using all of our new technology to create better multimedia presentations throughout the year as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment